If you are a current or prospective safety manager in the oil and gas industry, it's essential you complete this program. By completing this program, you will be able to:
- Learn how to effective manage a company's oil and gas safety and health program.
- Stay current on OSHA's regulations applicable to the oil and gas industry.
- Develop the skills needed to build an effective safety management system (SMS).
- Understand the safety manager's role, responsibilities, and qualifications needed in the oil and gas field.
- Continue to build on your leadership skills and ability to effect positive change.
Managers are responsible for ensuring all employees are trained to safely perform their job duties in the dangerous oil and gas industry. By completing this program, managers in the oil and gas industry will be able to:
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to oversee the safety management system (SMS).
- Monitor workers and the environment to quantify the risks associated with drilling.
- Develop safety policies to improve standards for onshore and offshore operations.
- Prepare for emergencies, such as oil spills or injuries.
- Improve system quality through reduced workplace accidents and injuries.